Monday, September 2, 2013

Oh, I should point out here, we weren't hippies .... we were longhairs.   The hairstyle was kind of the same, but .... you know ..... the hippies came later.  And it seemed like "hippies" was a made-up work coming from Bill Balance radio in Los Angeles all those years ago, when he said at a show's close, "all right, my little hippies" and anyway by now it didn't really matter if it did, everyone with long hair was a hippy, though sometimes I got hung up trying to remember the exact dirty phrase Bill Balance had used in a late-night live on the air announcement that had him kicked off the air, and I just couldn't remember it ... but it was naughty!  And I wanted to work it into a skit somewhere, somehow ... to see if censorship had changed a bit.


No comments:

Post a Comment