Monday, September 2, 2013

Members of what had become the Mime Troupe would visit me sometimes at that cottage in Richmond in 1967 and again (c. 1968), and casually talk or mention "Dr John" (meaning Dr. John W. Hopkins) (That abbadodo song "Nighttripper" was on KSAN then in 1968, with discussions about the place having been mentioned in a book, which is what Dr Schoenfeld had unearthed somehow) and in 1966, 1967 and 1968, I would travel by motorcycle to Williams College and visit them in their cottages.  The grounds looked familiar to me, and I had a sense of "déjà vu", but I really didn't remember I had been there before right then, not until a bit later did I recall the other motorcycle ride up into the hills in 1964, the one that first carried me to Williams College.  Eeerie!

déjà vu, jamais vu


No comments:

Post a Comment