Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Los Olivos

While Peter Coyote Cohon still mouths off as the spokesman for all things counterculture and because of his bloated ego which has just grown larger over the years and because of the way the media has fallen in love with him he is likely regarded as the originator and leader of all things doing to Mime Troupe ...

Well, he ain't ... and I am here to tell you that ain't so. 

Darryl Henriques was the instigator for the selection of the first play for El Teatro Campasino ... and Darryl got that from a little ad I had cut out from the Claremont Courier that was for the play "Los Olivos".  Darryl went to the play at Padua Hills and spoke with every one there and developed the first information.

That it grew from there, I will not deny.  But I'm proud to say that I had a small hand in the creation of that famous part of the REAL HIDDEN AND NOW OBSCURED HISTORY of the early origins of the San Francisco Mime Troupe.  They'll never hear anything about this in San Francisco, I'll wager.




No comments:

Post a Comment